Civic Exchange and Business Environment Council (BEC) invite you to join us for an annual update on efforts to both tackle the Greenhouse Gas emissions which are causing climate change and adapt to the climate change which is inevitable. Questions to consider:
- What happened at the November 2013 UN Climate Conference at Warsaw? Where will the UN process go next?
- Is the UN on course to conclude a deal at their December 2015 meeting in Paris?
- When will the Green Climate Fund start to operate?
- Was the deal done on REDD+ (forests) at Warsaw significant?
- What action on climate change is being taken outside of the UN process?
Date: 23 January 2014 (Thursday)
Time: 4.00pm – 6.00pm (Registration from 3.30pm with coffee & tea)
Venue: PwC, 21/ F, Edinburgh Tower, The Landmark, Central.
Registration: This event is free of charge but registration is needed
|4.00pm||Welcoming||Mr. John Barnes (PwC)|
|Session 1: What happened at Warsaw and where is the UN process going?|
|4.05pm||Overview||Mr. Wai Shin Chan (HSBC)|
|Reporting from Warsaw||Dr. Jeanne Ng (CLP)|
|A Government view||Mr. C F Wong (EPD)|
|Moderated discussion with Q&A from the floor|
|Session 2: Action on climate change outside the UN process. What should Hong Kong do and how might it be affected?|
|5.10pm||Low carbon economy action||Dr. Hannah Routh (PwC)|
|Climate Finance||Ms. Alexandra Tracy (ASrIA)|
|Moderated discussion with Q&A from the floor||Panelists:|
Dr. Hannah Routh (PwC)
Ms. Alexandra Tracy (ASrIA)
Mr. Hendrik Rosenthal
* The programme may change, and the organiser reserves rights to change it without prior notification.
** Professional photographers and videographers are often present at the Event to take photos and videos which may be edited and used by Civic Exchange in the video channel and other promotion materials in the ordinary course of our business. By attending the Event, you acknowledge and agree that your image may be used by Civic Exchange, solely for this purpose.
Speakers biographies (Alphabetical order):